A Curious Girl

The musings of a girl who is curious in both senses of the word. Life, God, and York. Oh, did I say York? I meant Bradford!

Friday, November 04, 2005

Comfort from the prophets

It's a month until I'm 22... actually a month minus one day. Isn't ageing odd? It'll be my first opportunity to claim I'm 21 again.

Feeling a touch odd right now. Very confused and don't know what to make of the whole eternity issue. Suddenly I've discovered that reading the gospels - for a while a favourite pastime - has become difficult. I can't make sense of things. And I figured that if my faith and my morality are so opposed, then God can correct my faulty morality and make me realise the truth. So I've prayed for revelation, and reread What's so Amazing About Grace, so I reminded God that I'm not perfect and I know it, and all I can do is wait for him.

I have found an unusual amount of comfort in the Old Testament lately. "Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and thrown them into the depths of the ocean! You will show us your faithfulness and unfailing love as you promised our ancestors Abraham and Jacob long ago." Micah 7:19-20.

"No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to live justly, love mercy and walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

"Is not Israel still my son,
my darling child?" says the Lord
"I often have to punish him,
but I still love him.
That's why I long for him
and surely will have mercy on him.
Set up road signs;
put up guideposts.
Mark well the path
by which you came.
Come back again, my virgin Israel;
return to your towns here.
How long will you wander,
my wayward daughter?
For the Lord will cause something new to happen-
Israel will embrace her God." Jer 31:20-22

I don't know, I feel tired of reasoning, and as Hamlet says to Horatio, there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in my philosophy.

Now, I'm going to go home and sleep :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home