A Curious Girl

The musings of a girl who is curious in both senses of the word. Life, God, and York. Oh, did I say York? I meant Bradford!

Monday, January 30, 2006

In the shadows

Though I wait in the shadows and don't say a word
But to just pass remarks on things that I've heard
Though I wear a brave face, I've got fear in my eye
I just smile and laugh, I don't know how to cry

My heart's in a cage under lock and key
I'll keep it right there if I can
I'll just say the right words to the people I see
I won't bother them and they won't bother me

Though I walk wearing armour, as if dragons to slay
You won't catch me fighting my demons today
I'll wander away, I'll strike out alone
But I'm still wishing someone was calling me home

My heart's in a cage under lock and key
I'll keep it right there if I can
I'll just say the right words to the people I see
I won't bother them and they won't bother me

To love and get hurt - rather not love at all
My heart's crying out but I won't heed the call
I'd rather live coldly and not feel the pain
Stay out of the warm and go walk in the rain

The ones who have eyes don't think I'm brave
See a fortress or heart made of ice
They see covered-up wounds than need to be bathed
See a poor locked-up heart that needs to be saved


Isolationism sucks. So does loneliness. I just wrote an angsty entry about it but rather than bore you with it, I just thought I'd save it as a draft, give you this instead, go home and see if my housemates are around...

(Happy Birthday Chrissie)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home