A Curious Girl

The musings of a girl who is curious in both senses of the word. Life, God, and York. Oh, did I say York? I meant Bradford!

Friday, February 17, 2006

Still thankful

It's been a great couple of days. Keith and Sian came up, Dougsoc won both first and second prize in a bar quiz, and spent its winnings on cocktails, I met up with a guy I met at Faith Camp and we had Chinese, my experiment worked and I just ate some cheesecake. Oh, and I'm going to see Patience tonight 'cause I can't wait another day before getting some Gilbert and Sullivan style goodness. I've had to satisfy myself with learning songs from Pirates of Penzance and singing along with the midi files. It's about time I got to hear from twenty lovesick maidens.

(I discovered that "Adrian", one of my housemates, has never heard I am the very model of a modern major general nor Tom Lehrer's Elements song - I have it half memorised now, though I'm getting mixed up at yttrium and ytterbium. I was, of course, scandalised.)

It was really awesome seeing Keith and Sian again. York didn't seem quite right without them :) (If you're a York resident and have noticed that York lacked its aura of happiness lately, it's because Keith and Sian aren't here. Obviously). There was also generally awesome Dougsoc goodness. Jokes, geekiness, fun. *smile*

It was good to see... hmm, let's call him "Mark", who I met at Faith Camp. Chrissie seems to think that he's like me, which I don't really see, although I take that as a compliment :) He has lots of faith and is extremely lovely. He also likes The Great Divorce and he won't shut up about God :) He blessed me with a meal at a Chinese buffet and we talked about Bible college.

With such general awesomeness over the last few days, despite my general confusion, I'm still trying to be thankful. I don't really understand God right now and the whole eternal destiny thing still bothers me... but God created beautiful skies, spring blossom, chocolate, people, and best of all, friends, which deserves my profound admiration and gratitude! I really hope he clears some stuff up with me soon... but until then, I'm still thankful.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:28 am , Blogger Dr Moose said...

    Ahh, but maybe you've hit upon somthing important here:

    I'm still trying to be thankful. I don't really understand God right now and the whole eternal destiny thing still bothers me... but God created beautiful skies, spring blossom, chocolate, people, and best of all, friends, which deserves my profound admiration and gratitude!

    There are times and places for the great questions, and (possibly rather more) times and places for faith and trust - the description which you give above sounds pretty close to it to me! Sometimes Psalm 131 is pretty much spot on (which means that sometimes, of course, it ain't!)

    :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home