A Curious Girl

The musings of a girl who is curious in both senses of the word. Life, God, and York. Oh, did I say York? I meant Bradford!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Sometimes it's hard to stay thankful

Not much to say right now, except I'm feeling a bit down and upset due to the pressure of finals. It's hard to talk to others about it. I think it's about time I started using Msn messenger again ;)

I want to try and stay thankful nonetheless ('cause I'm still alive, breathing, seeing, hearing, and watching Doctor Who*) and I like this quote:

You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink. --G.K. Chesterton

Now that's a good idea :)

*K9!!!!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 8:08 pm , Anonymous Nick Payne said...

    Ah the good Doctor. Yes Saturday nights are watchable again!

    What do you make of Tennant then? I think he's doing a great job.

    I once played the Doctor in a college video, but the least said of that the better.

    I really thought the scriptwriters did a grand job of being sympathetic to the character of Sarah Jane... she is probably the most definitive of all the Doctor's companions.

    K9 rocked. I loved all the tin dog referemnces and the bit where Mickey couldn't work out what to use to get into the school and K9 just keeps repeating "We are in a car!"

    I actually thought they gave K9 a rather sharp sense of humour, which was quite clever given his limited dialogue.

    Anyway keep the faith!

    God bless

    N

     
  • At 9:08 pm , Blogger BruceD said...

    If we have to force ourselves to be thankful, then we aren't really thankful at all...

     
  • At 4:02 pm , Blogger Helen Louise said...

    I think it's possible to have a thankful attitude. Basically I try and remember the good things and be grateful for them :)

     
  • At 4:05 pm , Blogger Helen Louise said...

    Nick - I thought K9 was amazing. "Good dog" "Affirmative" :D I also really liked the way the Sarah Jane story was handled, especially when Rose suddenly seemed to realise, That could be me in 30 years. I like Tennant a lot but I'm not sure if he's my favourite. He has, however, helped entice my housemate into watching, which is nice :)

    You played the Doctor... *giggle*, that's brilliant.

    God bless.

     
  • At 3:44 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Tosh - of course you can be thankful when you aren't feeling thankful - that's the point of counting your blessings - which is a very scriptural concept. That's what Job was told to do - did he seem very thankful to you?

    Hi Helen, how's it going? Seen my blog yet,

    www.wiblog.com/tiffer

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home