A Curious Girl

The musings of a girl who is curious in both senses of the word. Life, God, and York. Oh, did I say York? I meant Bradford!

Monday, May 08, 2006

6 weird habits

Tiffer tagged me to write about my weird habits. I'll give it a go but I'm not sure anything could beat recording your wife snoring...

Once you are tagged you MUST write a blog entry about your 6 weird habits/things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next six people to be tagged and list their names.

So here's my six:

1) I really love long words. Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia does not grip me. Why say "Hello" when "Salutations" will do? I have a habit of hearing words I don't understand, looking up the meaning and then acting surprised when the next person I use them on asks what they mean.
2) I sing. Everywhere. In the shower, in the street, at home, and whenever I'm left alone in a room. I sometimes sing a long song, like Bohemian Rhapsody or American Pie, as a way of passing the time when waiting for a bus.
3) I often quote movies, musicals, Tom Lehrer and occasionally Gilbert and Sullivan shows in conversation. Sometimes people notice.
4) I often pray by writing things down instead of just saying/thinking them. This is sometimes interesting because I can look back at old prayers, which sometimes contain amusing phrases like "No one cares about me, except (long list of people)". It also means that I'm less likely to insult God because it always looks a bit more daring written down...
5) I guess this is more of a non-habit: I have a lack of habit of having my hair cut. My hair is now waist length.
6) I watch "A Muppet Christmas Carol" every Christmas. Surprisingly, I still don't know all the words.

I'm not sure that I should be optimistic in entertaining the notion that any of you will do this, but I might as well give it a go. So I'll tag
Chrissie
Dr. Moose
Dave
Hsiu
Nicola (Happy Anniversary... and why have you abandoned your poor little blog?)
YOU. Yes, you.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:04 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ha! Thanks for responding to my tag. Recording snoring is quite unique isn't it...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home