A Curious Girl

The musings of a girl who is curious in both senses of the word. Life, God, and York. Oh, did I say York? I meant Bradford!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Eureka!

I had a cool dream this morning.

I've been writing a story in which a woman is driving a long way. I'd got as far as explaining that she did this every month, she stayed at her destination for a long weekend, she'd been doing it for some time and it was time off from work. The one thing that was bothering me as I wrote was that I didn't actually know why she was going there, though I knew it wasn't due to a love affair or anything to do with her job. I tried not to worry, hoping it would come in time.

I woke up this morning and I knew why she was going there!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:35 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh do tell!

    Is it to visit a relative in a care home?

    Or perhaps to sample delicious fudge that only comes from Mrs Jones Fatty Fudge shop?

    Or maybe she always plans to drive as far as her tank will take her and spend the rest of her life there, but chickens out after the honeymoon weekend and goes home again?

    Maybe she gets very lost on her way to the post office?

    Am I close?

    Tiffer

     
  • At 9:57 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If you don't hurry up and tell us the reason I'll tell everyone how it ends :) :) :)

    Tiffer

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home