A Curious Girl

The musings of a girl who is curious in both senses of the word. Life, God, and York. Oh, did I say York? I meant Bradford!

Friday, June 23, 2006

The fate of my degree and Desperate Housewives

My results are due tomorrow.

Argh.

Oh, and I've just realised, as I eventually do with all non-science fiction/comedy serials that I watch, that Desperate Housewives is never going to get happier. OK, I know I said I wasn't going to become a regular viewer of Desperate Housewives. Blame Kate. At least I got her into Doctor Who. Just revenge, I feel.

But yes, season finale. Instead of Susan and Mike getting married, Bree being happily reunited with her two prodigal children, Tom getting his act together and finally giving Lynette her due, Gabrielle ceasing to be a bitch and Zach finding out who his real father is... we have more murder, angst, intrigue, and manipulation. Cliffhangers galore.

Please tell me there'll be a happy ending eventually. I went through this emotional rollercoaster in the whole week when I was addicted to Eastenders. Granted, it doesn't have to be like Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, in which there's so much marriage and happiness that it's barely worth watching anymore, but at least they could tie up things nicely at the end of the next season. It's got to the stage when Kate and I were watching scenes of relative happiness and saying, "Oh no, this means that something awful's about to happen."

Argh.

Oh yes, and I'm in a show tomorrow too. My dancing is better than it was.

And I applied for a job at Wetherspoon's. Managed to get an interview without even filling out an application form. Nice one. I handed in a CV in order to look nice and efficient, though.

Anyway, I'd better go. See you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home