A Curious Girl

The musings of a girl who is curious in both senses of the word. Life, God, and York. Oh, did I say York? I meant Bradford!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

In lieu of an actual entry...

Hi folks. Sorry I haven't blogged lately. I was wanting to write about Greenbelt but feeling the responsibility to write a looong entry usually puts me off any desire to write one.

Yup, I went to Greenbelt, which, to the uninitiated, is basically a sort of Christian Glastonbury. Which, to the non-Brits, is a big festival involving camping. I got a free ticket thanks to my church, which helped considering my unemployedness. Greenbelt is great because there's so much going on. I felt I had space to go to what I wanted, and time to think about God without feeling like I had to be producing testimony-worthy material by the end of the weekend.

I've also been reading Ladies against Feminism, which is quite entertaining.

And hopefully at some point I will be back with a real entry.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:16 am , Blogger Dr Moose said...

    As I've said elsewhere, I'm sorry to have missed you. Did you pass anywhere near the Franciscans, 'cos that's where I was holed up?

    On a slightly different tack: I'm presuming your comment about testimony-worthiness was tongue in cheek. I think I would add "testimony", "burden" and "passion" to the list of words not to be heard in church! And anyway, slightly more sensibly, who are we to judge the worthiness of our own "testimonies." Simply the fact that Christians can get together at GB to hear loud (and quiet) music, appreciate art, ponder over many of the big issues everyone else is doing, and enjoy themselves is quite possibly the best thing that many of our contemporaries could hear!

     
  • At 9:20 pm , Blogger Robert Hulme said...

    You might enjoy this :-) http://www.cartoonchurch.com/content/cc/guide-to-greenbelt/

     
  • At 3:43 pm , Blogger Jules said...

    Greenbelt rocks eh?!

    I want to live there and never come back!

    love Julie x

     
  • At 6:09 pm , Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

    Hope you had a great time at Greenbelt.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home