A Curious Girl

The musings of a girl who is curious in both senses of the word. Life, God, and York. Oh, did I say York? I meant Bradford!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Ambitions? Fish!

Hi folks! Or folk! or... single lone reader who came in just to ridicule me! You are welcome too, dear reader!

It is Palm Sunday and dear blog I have neglected you. I keep thinking of cool stuff to blog and not blogging it. I even have a post on asylum seekers but it's not finished. Basically, I think the way asylum seekers are treated is inhumane and even the government seem to be catching on, John Reid excepted.

It's also April Fools' Day. Since I work with the elderly and vulnerable, I missed out on this. Though one of my sweet old ladies told me this riddle today:

"Slippery, wet and greasy
When it's in, it's easy
When it's out, it wobbles about
Slippery, wet and greasy
What am I?"

She took great joy in telling me it was a fish!

I am now getting itchy feet and that feeling of needing a new challenge, which is very useful since I'm going to spend some time tomorrow applying for jobs in Bradford. I've re-written my CV and everything! And I'm going to see my careers' adviser, take her a copy of my latest CV and thank her (and her peeps) for all their help. Oh, and finally book that interview skills session I've been meaning to do.

I am seriously thinking of training to be a social worker. Either that or I will be a penniless writer, because I think that would be poetic at least. I've got books out of the library, I've sent off to Bradford Uni for info, and I want to do volunteering again (I loved volunteering. It would be nice if I could do work with children again, they're fun!) I am getting a bit too excited about the whole thing and telling people, "I want to be a social worker!" even though next month I may well have changed my mind and decided to become a mime. Still, it is quite exciting.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:14 am , Blogger Julie said...

    Hi

    I'm just about to start a new job which will involve some care of the elderly. I'm really looking forward to it. I've updated my blog with a new url it's juleswillcox.blogsopt.com - any chance of you putting me on your roll? I could do with a few more hits!

    Love Julie

     
  • At 11:08 am , Blogger Dr Moose said...

    Glad to hear you're still alive and, although it sounds corny, "doing good!"

    This world needs as many "good doers" as it can get!

    And I agree with you about the plight of asylum seekers as I have personal experience of trying to help an Iranian family when I was in my last post....

    ...but that's for another comment!

    Hope and pray that Bradford and Social Work ideas all come together.

     
  • At 5:50 pm , Anonymous Albany said...

    You write very well.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home